Monday, January 15, 2007

New Year's Eve 2007


We went to a restaurant with two other couples to Villa Roma. As expected: Crowded, Poor Service, Over priced, Very Poor Food Quality, Noisy. It would have been OK, but it was boring. It was impossible to converse because of the extremely loud music. We found ourselves yelling at each other at the top of our lungs. That didn't last too long (our vocal cords gave out), so we just sat there and telepathically communicated. We danced, but I got nailed by someone's spiked heels, so I was out of service for a while. Can someone please explain why there is so much joy about this ritual? I could understand it if everyone in the restaurant just won the 20 million dollar jack pot in the Lotto.
Next year, I want to celebrate with the New Yorkers.....at 9 PM, PST, at home. The $310 I spent can buy several cases of Charles Shaw Wine and a 15 pound Prime Rib Roast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home